Saturday, October 17, 2009

Vacation Time

So, some of you might have noticed that I've been on the internet at strange times and well a lot more this week. Thats because I'm vacationing down in Uvita. Uvita is beautiful. It is small and quiet, but has an amazing beach. I know, I know, you're all thinking wait Costa Rica isn't vacation enough?! Well my life here has been pretty amazing, its true, but every job has it stressful moments and slowly but surely my life is getting filled to the brim with stuff to do. 2 different English classes, Monday-Thursday, my Association meetings and the upcoming general assembly (which we still haven't planned for, but I mean plans never actually work down here anyways), I just got news that I'm on the HIV/AIDS safe sex committee which means more meetings and a chance to get out to new communities and show off all my Spanish skills, and of course there's coffee season. Coffee season means, that after my fingers heal from shelling corn all day, I'll be going out into the field (with my machete for the snakes, of course), and helping my father or one of my other family members pick coffee. I can't wait... it will also make going home for Christmas all the sweeter.

1 comment:

Jen said...

Picking coffee??? Cool. I know it's probably a lot of hard work, but I think it's awesome you get to do it.
And, I'm glad you are getting some time to relax! I'm sure you needed it.
-Jen @ Ginkgo