Saturday, October 3, 2009

A Little Update

Just a little update on my life here in Costa Rica. I've officially started my Adult English classes, which means I'm teaching English 4 days a week now. The class has about 19 students in it, from intermediate speakers to people who have never really been exposed to English at all. This poses challenges such as how to keep one group engaged while not going too fast for the others, and trying to give each student the necessary one on one time that they all deserve. I know all this will come with time as I get more accustom to my students and to the lessons.

I've also gone on a few adventures. I had my first Tico camping experience here. S'mores made with Chiky's (my favorite chocolate on the bottom cookie, kinda like the Kebler cookie with the hole in the middle) were delicious and the pollo asado, grilled chicken, that we made.

There will be more on this when I get a chance to come back to the internet, but for now I wish you all the best, and can't wait to see you Christmas (did I mention that you can see my pretty face during Navidad?) Well Pura Vida!

No comments: