Monday, May 10, 2010

Pictures for Bulletpoints

This is a picture of the rock statue things to help guide your way to Chirripo. Well little did they know that even though I was in Girl Scouts for 6 monthes and could only sell 5 boxes of cookies (to my parents and my grandmother), these only helped a little bit and really I just got lucky.
Self-explanatory.
Here I am at the top.
I got lost (of course I did) and ended up at a mountain peak called Ventisquaros. It had a pretty awesome view and apparently you can see my town. Apparently.
Los Crestones, I didn't make it there because I had walked enough that day.

1 comment:

Karrie said...

Hi Liz,

My name is Karrie Hraban and I am an RPCV from Peru. I recently returned to the US and will be taking a group of high school students down to Costa Rica this July to do some volunteer work in a colegio outside of Heredia. I was really hoping to find a PCV who maybe lived close by or would be in San Jose during that time and would be willing to come and talk to the group about their projects. It could be very informal, maybe just show some pictures and talk about their experiences, but I know how well PCVs get to know the country and the culture, and it would be amazing if these kids could get even a small glimpse of that. (Plus, it would give the volunteer something to add to their annual report =o))

If there are any volunteers around there that would be willing/able to help me out, I would really appreciate it! My email is kchraban@gmail.com, or they can send me a message on facebook, my name is Karrie Hraban (the one with the girl standing by a waterfall).

Hope you are having a great experience in Costa Rica!

Thanks,
Karrie