Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Top 10 Lists

10 Things I Love

1. My Tica mama’s homemade biscuits (I’ve only had them once, but I want more)
2. The oatmealish with granola cereal I request every morning
3. Mountain hikes
4. The fog at night
5. A few select perros
6. My RCDers
7. Gallo Pinto
8. Coffee made the Tico way
9. Bus crushes (you have to do something on the long bus rides)
10. Days off

10 Things I’m Still Getting Used Too

1. The fact that 9 am is sleeping in now for me… never again noon and later
2. Not serving myself my own food/not making my own food
3. Not doing my own laundry or ironing
4. The bus schedule and how to flag down said bus
5. Getting around San José
6. Getting that perfectly hot shower
7. Carrying around 5 lbs of change, but actually needing that change
8. My hill
9. Assignments I’m sure I’ll appreciate when I’m in my site
10. Uncertainty

10 Things I Miss

1. My family
2. My friends
3. Dogs that you don’t have to wonder if it’s safe to pet them
4. Cooking my own food
5. My own food
6. Internet at my fingertips
7. My pumas
8. Free time
9. Being in complete control of my schedule/life
10. Really good pizza (someone FedEx me Basil’s)

2 comments:

Jen said...

Love the lists, sweetie. Tell me more about this bus crush.....jen from ginkgo

Liz Mahn said...

well on 1 and a half hour bus rides you need something nice to look at... fortunately there are some good looking fellas on my bus too